I know I’ve been neglecting OMBTS, but I’ve been WAY swamped! Don’t worry, it’s a good thing! Good lord, this month is almost over?! WHAT!? It’s so cold and dreary out right now. I’m so ready for spring! Meanwhile, here’s some five things for you to check out!
FIVE THINGS I ATE:
- Brownie Batter Smoothies
- Tofu “Steaks” and this tasty Kale with Mustard Sauce!
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken – Crockpot recipes make my life!
- Girl Scout Cookies! ‘Tis the season!
- Shrimp Fried Quinoa – This stuff is awesome! You can even use any type of vegetables you want and get creative!
- Self Love by Lean, Clean, and Brie: This is a great list! How can we show a little self love to ourselves?
- Am I Crazy for Not Wanting a House?: I think this writer and I are speaking the same language. I love having liquidity in my life, I’d rather not be all tied up in one property. Nor do I want to take the time to take care of it.
- Affording Indulgence by The Broke and Beautiful Life: My favorite quote from this article was “The most important thing to realize is that just because something is indulgent, doesn’t mean you have to subject yourself to paying full price.” That’s one of my mantras when it comes to buying almost anything, indulgent or not.
- Resolve to encourage and NOT mock personal finance newbies already struggling with their resolutions by Debt Blag: Um, I think this is an obvious thing, but a reminder is never bad! 🙂
- 11 SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE BROKE by The Minimalists: This is a great list! Steps 7, 8, 10, & 11 all really resonated with me.
- Sunday: Gym was closed by the time I left work, so The Biggest Loser: Power Walk it was!
- Monday: Cardio!
- Tuesday: Heavy lifting! Moving stuff around!
- Wednesday: Nope!
- Thursday: Too busy!
FIVE THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY:
- I got a brand new mattress & foundation set! All thanks to my tax refund. I had originally slated my tax refund to go towards my birthday trip to NYC (most of it still is), but I came across a GREAT deal. My old mattress was 20 years old, I knew it’s days were limited so I waited for a great deal that I could pay for in cash. I caught a furniture store in the middle of a “going out of business” sale and was able to make a deal that included delivery! I’ve slept so well these past few days! 🙂
- Getting more acquainted with some lesser known works by Shel Silverstein. Seriously, his stuff is so funny. Read the more adult pieces of his writing and you won’t be disappointed!
- I had a couple colleagues make some guest appearances on Chicago Fire this week and last! I know famous people! Snaps for being paid actors with some great gigs!
- Having most of my NYC vacation trip booked! Plane tickets were purchased! Show tickets are mostly purchased! My friends and I have nearly booked out EVERY single day of my journey. Not every day, of course I want some flexibility to explore, but I’ll be seeing A LOT of shows right before Tony Award nominations come out!
- GRADIBLE. This site is serious. I’ve made a few redemptions to knock down my student loans. You can learn more or sign up here. If you sign up using my link, I will get a referral bonus! 🙂
**Linking up with Clare at Fitting It All In for Five Things Friday!**