HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope that you’re stuffed full of tasty goodness by the time you read this!
During this time in the holiday season, we’re all inundated with email ads, flyers, and TV commercials pushing Black Friday sales. If you’re at all like me, you’re over it.
Here’s why I’m planning to #StayInTheBlackFriday:
- I’m one of those lucky people who gets to work bright and early on the day after Thanksgiving. While hordes of people are out braving the lines for new big screen TVs, I’m going to be getting my beauty sleep. Thank goodness that I’m not working anywhere retail related, but it will be BUSY where I am. The sleep is more important than any deal.
- I don’t really NEED anything. I’m not looking for a new TV or a fancy electronic. I COULD use either of those, for sure, but I don’t need one. Also, all of my holiday shopping is really done.
- I prefer to wait until Cyber Monday, mostly because I’ll be paid over the weekend, but even then, I don’t think I’ll be rushing to get anything.
- I also prefer to shop on Small Business Saturday. Most of the people I purchase gifts for would appreciate something less commercial anyways.
- It’s not worth it to blow all of my spending money for the month on one particular day on items that won’t be adding anything substantial to my life. If there was some sort of race for student loan payoff gift cards, I would be stomping people over.
If I wasn’t working, I would be doing some combination of these things:
- Sleeping late – probably all morning if I could!
- Taking advantage of my parents satellite TV channels! So many options!
- Reading a book – I have several that I’ve started!
- Writing up a couple of posts here!
- Playing with my nephew.
- FaceTime-ing with friends in NYC.
- Jamming out on the guitars at my parents house.
- …any number of things – but most likely not shopping.
May whatever you choose to do this Thanksgiving or Black Friday be extremely fulfilling and successful!