WHAT!?! It’s the end of June!?!?! How is this happening?! Can I just get a week for the clock to stop!?! 2015 is flying by!
Here’s some FIVE THINGS FRIDAY for all of you!
FIVE THINGS I ATE:
- Paleo Fried Zucchini Squash Recipe with Cool Dill Dip | Paleo Newbie — This was awesome! One of the big veggie deliveries in my CSA this week was zucchini! I didn’t make the dip, but this recipe works extremely well!
- PB&J Inspired Protein Shake | The Bikini Experiment — It’s hot and I don’t want to cook things and sometimes, this sort of thing is just easier! Honestly, who doesn’t love anything that reminds you of good ole PB&J! 🙂
- Mini Frittatas with Zucchini & Red Pepper | The Bikini Experiment — Haha, I apparently really like her recipes! I went back through MyFitnessPal food diary and noticed both of these were from her site! Great and super quick for breakfast!
- Food Science of Vermont Superior Greens — Technically, I DRANK this. However, it still has calories, so that counts! 😉 Have you tried drinking a greens supplement? I’ve tried a couple different ones, but I got A WHOLE JAR of this in a giveaway! So far, it’s pretty good! Looking to see if I notice any big health changes/benefits!
- Fancy chocolates! There is a local chocolate shop directly across from my apartment building! It’s slightly ridiculous how amazing it is! I got a few different pieces to try this week: Barbecue Truffles, Cinnamon & Basil Truffles, Brown Ale Truffles, Dreamsicle truffles, and some caramels! AWEEEEESOME.
FIVE THINGS I READ:
- What It’s Like When Your Hometown No Longer Feels Like It’s Your Home | Elite Daily — This is my life. My hometown isn’t all that far away, but I’ve already felt like an outsider. Interesting piece.
- The Hunger Fix — Now this is an actual book I heard about on Chalene Johnson’s podcast. Very intense stuff about overeating and food addiction. I’m still working through it, but it’s pretty incredible.
- 9 Things We Don’t Mind Splurging On | Making Sense of Cents — I agree with pretty much everything on this list! I’m totally down for splurging on a car and a mattress. Also, travel would rank pretty high up there for me as well. I might also splurge on a new desk chair. I mean, I sit in it often enough…
- Getting Good at Making Money, Outside of a Traditional Career | Modest Money — Amen.
- Applying SMART Goals to Personal Finance | The Simple Dollar — Definitely a helpful idea.
- Friday (today): OFF! …but I might do some yoga later…
- Thursday: barre3 – Heard of this before? I love this set of DVDs! As someone who used to spend a lot of time dancing, this just speaks to my heart and my inner thighs! Try this!
- Wednesday: Cardio!
- Tuesday: barre3
- Monday: Cardio!
FIVE THINGS MAKING ME HAPPY:
- Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage nationwide — Yes. Finally. It’s 2015, why was this ever an issue in the first place!? #LoveWins
- Tomorrow is my last day of work and then it’s my ONE day off! Don’t care. Bring it on.
- Pizza for dinner tonight. ‘Nuf said. I ate pretty well most of the week, so I was very much looking forward to this tastiness.
- Finally seeing American Sniper! I had been dying to see it, but I’m trying not to pay to rent movies — that meant waiting on it to be available at the library. It did not disappoint. I love stories of war and I have since I was a child. I’m not sure why, but I think it’s because these movies tell stories of lives that are very different from my own. Great movie.
- Have you guys downloaded Periscope yet? This app is making my life! I haven’t broadcasted anything on my personal account yet, but I love watching other broadcasts for free all over the place! There’s a user in NYC (@RonWaxman) who is walking all over NYC and sharing his POV. Very cool to see Central Park and FAO Schwarz (before it closes in July) all from my phone! Reminds me of my trip! 😉 🙂
Happy Weekend All! Look for me to post some more next week!
**Thanks to Clare for hosting this linkup!**